Sunday, January 12, 2014

Digital Landscape Painting: Digital Plein Air

During my 4th term at ACCD, I took a Digital Landscape painting class with Jaime Jones. This was the first time I had ever plein air painted. This was a true challenge for me in both painting outside in the elements, and also with environments. I really learned a lot from this class, but I still have a long way to go! 

This first painting was of the Pasadena City Hall. 



First time painting at the Eaton Canyon in Pasadena, CA.



First time painting at Descanso Gardens, CA. 




Second time painting at Eaton Canyon. 





This was a final project we were told to illustrate with no particular subject matter, other than it had to have some form of person or object for scale, a play with lighting, color, and scale within the painting. I chose to create a very light hearted/ victorious scene of a viking ship coming home from a victory, bringing the sunshine with it. Blowing all of the bad winds away.







No comments:

Post a Comment