Sunday, January 12, 2014

Viscom 4: Dynamic Sketching for Product Design

During my 4th Term at Art Center College of Design, I decided to replace my major's Viscom 4, with the Product Design Vis4. I found that this class taught by Peter Han and TA's Xiao Qing and Patrick Park was a wonderful way to get back to the basics of hand drawing from observation. 

For our final, we had to scan all of our work from the entire term (14 weeks) and create a book. There were no requirements as to what the book should look like, alongside with the final presentation of the book. These images show a few pages from my 144 page book that I self bound. I used a traditional simple Japanese Stab Bind. 

In turn, I found my inspiration from traditional Japanese packaging methods. I also wanted to incorporate the idea of getting back to basics, back to nature. My mojo for the term and for this class was "let it go. let if flow. let it grow." The characters on the front of my presentation means "to grow." 

I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did. Thank you for your time!






























No comments:

Post a Comment